Cleaning and Care
1. As all ion VISion, Inc. lens components are completely glass, it is possible to clean the contact element's concave surface or coated imaging lens with alcohol, peroxide, or acetone. If these cleaning solutions are unavailable or further cleaning is desired, then proceed with these additional cleaning steps.
2. Immediately upon removal from patient's eye or use, thoroughly rinse the entire lens in cool or tepid water.
3. Place a few drops of mild cleaning solution, such as diluted liquid dish soap, or similar on a clean moistened 100% cotton cloth, ball, or swab depending on the cleaning area.
4. Gently clean the entire lens, insuring the contact concave surface and/or convex surfaces have been thoroughly cleaned to remove any debris, dirt, film, fingerprints or residue. Do not apply excessive pressure as this may cause scratching of the glass lens and/or coating.
5. Rinse entire lens thoroughly in cool or tepid water.
6. Dry the lens by using a clean 100% cotton cloth, ball, or swab or non-linting cotton tissue insuring to remove all water droplets from the imaging surfaces.
7. Proceed with disinfecting or sterilization instructions as required.
1. Two methods of disinfection are recommended. To avoid lens damage, do not exceed recommended exposure time:
Glutaraldehyde: 2% or 3.4% aqueous solution. Temperature per manufacturer's instructions. Recommended exposure time 20-25 minutes.
Sodium hypochlorite / Bleach: 10% solution mixed at 1 part bleach to 9 parts water
Recommended exposure time 10-12 minutes.
2. Immerse the lens entirely in the chosen solution for the recommended exposure time. Either place lens on its side or insure all air bubbles are removed from under the lens for complete exposure.
3. Remove lens from the solution after recommended exposure time and rinse lens thoroughly with cool or tepid water to remove all disinfection solution with at least 3 rinse cycles of 1 minute duration.
4. Dry the lens by using a clean 100% cotton cloth, ball, or swab or non-linting cotton tissue insuring to remove all water droplets from the imaging surfaces.
5. Store in a dry storage case.
Ethylene Oxide Sterilization Instructions
Minimum Time: 60 minutes
Temperature: 130F (54C), do not exceed 150F
Aeration Time: 12 hours
Steam Sterilization Instructions
SurgiView Lenses ONLY
Follow the standard hospital vacuum steam sterilization procedures for instruments or use these as guidelines.
Prep: Place SurgiView lenses in a protective sterilization case.Process: Standard Cycle (wrapped)Temperature: 270°F (134°C)Time: 15 minutes minimum or
Temperature: 250°F (121°C)Time: 30 minutes minimum
CAUTION: Do not boil lenses. Do not autoclave (vacuum steam sterilize) lenses except for SurgiView lenses. Do not disassemble lenses for any reason. Insure contact surface is chip/scratch free and do not use a lens that has a chip or scratch on contact surface. Insure all lens surfaces are clean prior to diagnosis and do not treat / use a laser through a non-clean surface.